- Store Info
- My Account
Established in 1982, The Chester County Book Company grew from its initial size of 1000 square feet to 28,000 square feet, making it one of the largest independently owned bookstores in the United States. At its peak, our West Chester location stocked approximately 125,000 titles as well as over 1,500 magazines and periodicals.
With the development of a music department in 1996, over 25,000 recordings were added to our inventory, ranging from pop, rock, rap, and R&B to classical, jazz, blues, country, and world music. The music area also stocked a wide selection of box sets and specialty import titles. Our DVD inventory featured 5,000 movie and music titles, as well as such specialty items as foreign, anime, and alternative lifestyle DVDs.
The Magnolia Grill, our in-store restaurant, featured a complete menu of New Orleans style specialty dishes, sandwiches, omelets, coffees, teas, espresso, and soft drinks, until its closing in 2012.
We are noted for our staff of voracious readers. For many of us, reading is both a chosen profession and a favored pastime. Skilled in making recommendations, we have the best staff that you'll ever experience in a bookstore.
In 2013, we opened a new store on Paoli Pike.
Please click here to view some photos of our store at 975 Paoli Pike, which was our home for nearly 25 years.
- One of the largest title selections in the United States
- 20% discount on current Indie Bound Bestsellers
- Discounts for established school and corporate accounts
- Astounding selection of magazines and periodicals
- Acclaimed children's department with books, music, toys, and
- stuffed animals
- Comprehensive offering of CD and DVD recordings
- Preferred Customers' Club discounts on a wide range of music
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff
- Special orders promptly fulfilled
- Audio books, large print books, and reading accessories
- Calendars, greeting cards, gift-wraps, stationery, and journals
- Extensive travel and language section
- Complimentary gift-wrapping
- Gift Certificates
- Full service restaurant featuring New Orleans specialties
- Lake Champlain boxed chocolates
- Active community support through in store book fair fundraisers
- Located in the heart of Chester County, minutes from the Brandywine River Museum, Longwood Gardens, Winterthur, the Helicopter Museum, QVC Studios, and Chaddsford Winery.
Schedule a full day's visit!
Monday through Friday 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM